Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome to Anonymous Favors!

This site is for people who have ever found a random act of kindness, maybe a plate of cookies by their door, or a bag of clothes by the late-night St. Vincent DePaul drop-off. People can send us stories of their experiences (Either giving or receiving) by posting on the comments, though remember - NEVER leave your name. Read an example story that actually happened to someone we know right here.

I had a bag of my 6-year-old daughter's clothes that I needed to get rid of. I put them on one of my friend's porches, but I was too lazy to put a note that said who it was from on it. Later on, as I was Facebook-ing that evening, I saw my friend's post: "Who was the clothes fairy who dropped off the clothes? It was like Christmas for Ruby!"

Signed, Anonymous

Giving is always better that receiving, as The Quiltmaker's Gift says:
(Speaking about the king)"Frowning, he finally came out with a single marble. But the boy who received it smiled so brightly in return, the king went back for more things."
-The Quiltmaker's Gift, by Jeff Brumbeau and Gail de Marcken

No comments:

Post a Comment